A platform for the 'Leibniz Association, Research Alliance — Science 2.0' covering the topic of Open Science across Europe.
The editor is Simon Worthington, based at the Open Science Lab, Technische Informationsbibliothek (TIB) | German National Library of Science and Technology, Hannover.
The platform coordinating bodies are Leibniz Association members: TIB, and Leibniz Information Centre for Economics (ZBW). ZBW is responsible for the Research Alliance — Science 2.0.
Our focus will be twofold researchers' needs, and Open Science discourse.
- For researchers we will take ‘a needs based approach’. The aim is that we find ‘replicable models’ that the wider research community can use, either on a conceptual level or in practical implementations.
- Supporting in-depth examination of the ongoing Open Science discourse is vital to researchers being involved in shaping the future of scholarly institutions, ways of working, and new systems design.
Three channel strategy
We address two groups of researchers sitting at different ends of the spectrum of familiarity with Open Science: the career focused, and Open Science engaged. The three channel approach is used to help provide knowledge and information to suit the different levels of familiarity with a topic and allow readers and contributors different ways to engage.
- A blog for well-informed articles,
- a forum for community building,
- and resource pages to give concise how-tos and listings.
Planning and development started mid-October 2017 and a blog launch is planned for Spring 2018.
- Details 18th January 2018, TIB Hannover
Recent space activity
Any questions please contact Simon Worthington: firstname.lastname@example.org | DM on Twitter @mchristian99 | Imprint | RSS | This work is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 4.0 International unless otherwise stated.