- 24 July - OS MOOC Software Citation article, a condensing of these two pieces https://github.com/OpenScienceMOOC/Module-5-Open-Research-Software-and-Open-Source/blob/master/content_development/MAIN.md#Citation + https://github.com/OpenScienceMOOC/Module-5-Open-Research-Software-and-Open-Source/blob/master/content_development/Task_2.md | Published 24/7/18 http://genr.eu/wp/cite/
- 25 July - Announce - Notebook - The Future of Software Citation - collaborative piece (postponed until autumn) Announcement Published 25/7/18 http://genr.eu/wp/futurecite/
27 July - Decentralized Web - Themes - theme announce Published 27/7/18 http://genr.eu/wp/decentralized-web/
2 Aug - round-up on Software Citation + v01 mapping Software Citation (info graphic) Published 27/7/18 http://genr.eu/wp/genr-software-citation-round-up/
8 Aug - Notebook, note and link to #decweb Zotero library https://www.zotero.org/groups/2211286/genr_dw?
TBC no date 'Recommendations on the Development, Use and Provision of Research Software' https://zenodo.org/record/1172988
TBC no date transitive credit
TBC no date Software Libraries / Indexes - examples
TBC no date - mapping Software Citation (info graphic) - (trial version done with 1 Aug round up)
TBC no date POSTER (made in house)
TBC - (postponed until autumn) Full piece as blog - The Future of Software Citation - collaborative piece Announcement Published 25/7/18 http://genr.eu/wp/futurecite/
TBC July - Postponed till after summer - Announce working on Wikipedia entries for 'Software Citation', en, de?, fr?, maybe more? - Notebook
Next theme: Decentralized Web
Start publishing: 27 august - 5 October (6 weeks); Blog post slots - 6 to 10; start using notebook for smaller editor posts; a OS MOOC contribution http://genr.eu/wp/decentralized-web/
Articles - for Decentralized Web theme
Min / max - one article a week, two possible as the area if large and popular - plus Notebook and MOOC
Decentralized Web conference - options if we can't get this covered?- wasn't possible to find anyone to cover
- Pre-story on Blockchain for Science conf Berlin - this can be with one of the main participants
- backup story?
- Solid new releases - SDK, app building:
- possible interview TBL?
- Governance - 1 or 2 article to describe different types of governance
- Governance - 1 or 2 article to describe different types of governance - New economy and stakeholder in science with the well financed commercial players from Blockchain / crypto currency
- Research project examples: DAT - CDL - In these three articles need to demonstrate a variety of issues.
- Research project examples: Solid - Dolieli
- Research project examples: Blockchain - ?
- DW connected to DevOps
- New social networks and the replacement of academia.edu research gate with new DW player, with New economy component
- We can run supporting material in the notebook
- What will work well for OS MOOC?
Other DecWeb leads
Thinking about the Decentralized Web
- Personal data / information
- Authoring / attribution
- Sensor data availability
- Public records
- Orphaned data
- Anonymous data
- Bibliometric and indicator information
- Granular locations / ID
Ideas / stories
(looking for existing literature and cases) - add examples here: https://www.zotero.org/groups/2211286/genr_dw/items
- New governance and new economy - #govecon
- Commercial rivals to publishing corps from Cryto / FinTech
- Lack of tech innovation from corp sector
- Mondialisation / Globalisation (Schaffer 2018) - China, India, BRICS, MENA, etc.
- Institutional consortia
- Role of institutions
- Institutional provision
- New Social Media for science / scholarship - #social
- DevOps and DecWeb - #devops
- Technical issues
- Content addressable
- Crypto IDs
- Merkle Tree
Refs - this section (ideas / stories)
- TWITTER Thread on all Software Citation articles SW 2/7
General - available to be worked on
- Helmholtz Open Science Workshop „Elektronische Laborbücher“ https://os.helmholtz.de/bewusstsein-schaerfen/workshops/helmholtz-open-science-workshop-elektronische-laborbuecher/ (and links off here) #workshop
- Metrics http://radicaloa.disruptivemedia.org.uk/conferences/roa2/humane-metricsmetrics-noir-meson-press/
- Metrics consultation - open until August 31st, 2018 | send out regularly, schedule a repeat in Buffer. https://www.makingspeechestalk.com/ch/Open_Science_Monitor/
- PayWall the movie launch Sept - https://paywallthemovie.com/ we can do some lead up posts
- Software Heritage through the HAL portal, that will be open to all by the end of September - get press release, do some pre announces. When available update OS MOOC
- Parthenos - 1. Consultation; 2. list their old videos
- socratesday_ber - https://twitter.com/socratesday_ber - promo this event, and approach them to know more about it, 15 Sept
- https://twitter.com/mementonature hedgehogs in an urban context, has to be good
- https://cyber.harvard.edu/hoap/Open_Access_Tracking_Project OATP will enter an all-volunteer phase at the end of August 2018. We're ramping up our efforts recruit new taggers and spread the word.
Articles / Gen R work
TWITTER Replicable Business Models for Replicable Science http://genr.eu/wp/replicable/ - 1. highlight the resources and generosity of being open, value for small press (as a multi part thread); 2. Ask libraries to comment on the economic model on twitter and in site comments; 3. Highlight the volume of publications of the press; 4. Point to other projects under OpenAIRE related research scheme.
- NOTEBOOK Partnering with OS MOOC - make an announce and have them do same (create letter of agreement), notebook article
- TWITTER Thread on all Software Citation articles
- Decentralized Web - theme announce 27/7